BCS believes that God created human beings whole; therefore, BCS desires to educate the whole child -- spirit, soul, and body. This is accomplished through a carefully designed curriculum based on high academic standards and, most importantly, through the instruction of godly teachers with a passion and God-given calling for Christian education.
All core subjects - math, science, history, language arts, and Bible - are taught from a Christian world-view perspective. BCS maintains a strong, challenging academic program with the goal of preparing our elementary students for the exacting standards of our middle school program, which, in turn, is designed to prepare students for the rigors of college preparatory high school.
The core academic program is further enhanced by various enrichment programs and extra-curriculum activities designed to develop the whole child.
Enrichment programs for all K to 5th grade students include:
- During this time of praise, worship, and biblical teaching, every class will have the opportunity to participate and every student will be acknowledged through our Christian Character Trait program.
- Physical Education
- In addition to weekly music instruction, all K to 5th students will participate in at least two musical presentations a year--during the Christmas season and during the Spring.
- BCS Buddy Program
- Field trips (extended, over-night field trips for fourth grade and up)
Extra-curricular activities include the following:
- Competitive Sports (5th grade and up)
- Instrumental Music (3rd and up)
- Choir (3rd and up)
- Academic Competitions
- Math Olympics
- Spelling Bees
- Speech Meets
- Music Festivals
- Science and Art Fairs