TK | THE BENEFIT OF ONE MORE YEAR
Bethany's Transitional Kindergarten program provides the youngest kindergarten age child a readiness year that will better prepare them for being successful once they enter traditional kindergarten. It is designed for children who will be turning 5 years old between September and December.
The TK experience:
- Uses curriculum aligned with kindergarten standards
- Is organized into thematic units across all areas of learning
- Emphasizes learning independence and develops a sense of community
- Gives a head start that will yield long term benefits in future academic success
- Encourages creativity, exploration, and discovery in a developmentally appropriate learning environment
The TK class tends to have a more structured daily schedule than the preschool and Pre-K classes yet a somewhat more relaxed schedule than a traditional kindergarten class. Children in kindergarten are expected to have a longer attention span and a greater ability to concentrate. TK places more emphasis on one-on-one attention while group work is more prominent in kindergarten.
FOR TK STUDENTS THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT
Research shows that children who attend kindergarten readiness programs like Bethany's Transitional Kindergarten are more likely to do well in school and attend college. This opportunity prepares them well for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Here at Bethany Christian School our Transitional Kindergarten fosters development in areas such as language, math, literacy, imaginative play, social awareness, construction, art and music, and lays the firm foundation for spiritual development. Transitional Kindergarten is the perfect program to prepare your child for the discipline of classroom routines while offering plenty of time for free exploration.